Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Create a new theme and put in action

maaxxicarvalho

Total Posts:  4

Hi,

Im triyng to made a new theme. To do this I made a copy of the folder app/design/frontend/base/default to a new location on app/design/frontend/<my_new_theme>/<theme>

I also did a copy of the folder skin/frontend/default/default to the new location skin/frontend/<my_new_theme>/<theme>

To change the theme I went to the Admin Panel in System -> Design -> <first_item_on_the_list> -> General -> Custom Design and then I change to <my_new_theme>/<theme>

Aftter that, I could make changes to the styles.css and also change images and could made changes to the xml and template files.

The problem is, after my change I couldn\’t see the main menu(products categories) anymore and when a click on a product, the page that loads is blank.

Could anyone help me with this, is this the right way to make a new theme? What I missed?

Thanks anyway and sorry my english mistakes, Im a brazilian guy.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community