Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 4 of 4
Import products from a csv

TutorialMagento

Total Posts:  133

lovey1 - 06 June 2013 02:57 AM

hi

actually i am trying to update my preexisting products.

i need to add custom options to my preexisting products.  i am uploading csv file having sku and all the custom attributes to magento..

i have uploaded many products using this but now it’s giving error. 

whenever i try to update products using csv file having sku options and custom attributes error arises saying. 

product type is invalid in rows:  1 and orphan rows....

when i export the csv i found that the all products which i try to update all have predefined type and also other attributes set then why is it asking to define product type??

plz help..

thnx in advance....

You may view this magento video tutorial about Importing and Exporting product
http://tutorialmagento.com/magento-video-tutorials-24-importing-exporting-products-2

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Monty_iLM
Guru

Total Posts:  450

Hi,

Check this thread for import product from CSV http://webkul.com/magento-tutorial/how-to-import-csv-into-magento

Hope this will help you!!

Monty
iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community

tortora

Total Posts:  31

We have an application that offers an easier way to import csv files and addresses some of these issues.  You can get more info on it at www.ClaraStream.com and feel free to email me at info@clarastream.com if you have any questions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tortora

We have an application that offers an easier way to import products from a csv and addresses some of these issues.  You can get more info on it at www.ClaraStream.com and feel free to email me at info@clarastream.com if you have any questions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jestore

UK

I have put together a step by step guide on importing using CSV’s and Dataflow, the part about images is at the bottom:

http://www.harkmedia.co.uk/magento/magneto-dataflow-and-csv-uploads/

There are some sample spreadsheets on their too, may also help with other Dataflow upload issues.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MexBs

Total Posts:  5

Seems like you forgot to specify a _type column in your CSV which should be a Magento product type. (possible product types are simple,virtual,downloadable,bundle,configurable,grouped.
Here is a good article with a sample CSV file and explanations of essential columns.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 4 of 4