Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

International Postage Calculation? 

CustomHT

Total Posts:  20

Hi All..

I wanted to know how everyone calculates their international postage on their magento store as we plan to start selling more internationally.
Does the Fontis Australia Mod support international postage?

Is their a better solution?

Regards Scott

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Chris Norton

Total Posts:  53

It depends on the carrier you want to use. The Fontis Australia extension supports international delivery through Australia Post. For other carriers you could use the table rate shipping method built in to Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

websitedesigner

Total Posts:  27

Hi guys I’m also looking at shipping options with Magento, I don’t know the first thing about shipping but I think Australia post only supports up to a certain size right? I found http://www.courierquotes.com.au/couriers/magento-shipping which I think could be really good but the installation instructions don’t make a lot of sense. They integrate with a bunch of courier companies then process the dollars all live and add a percentage on top for themselves, seems like a good concept. You wouldn’t have to add in rates for certain destinations or certain weights / products etc because they are calculated live. Well that’s my limited understanding of it anyway.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community