Magento Forum

Disable Cart

NFN_NLN

Total Posts:  2

Is there an easy way to disable the cart?

I want to roll my site out in stages.  I would like to take advantage of the product catalog with prices, details etc. and then add the cart later.

Is this possible?

Magento 1.1.6

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

branko_ajzele

Total Posts:  35
Croatia

System > Configuration

Current Configuration Scope to Main Website then go to

Advanced > Disable module output > Mage_Checkout set to disabled

This should help you… Then all you need to is to remove the Add to Cart button stuff from template.

p.s. Not sure if this Mage_Checkout set to disabled turns Add to Cart by itself…

Magento Community
Magento Community

horizon

Total Posts:  34

branko - 20 October 2008 09:17 PM

This should help you… Then all you need to is to remove the Add to Cart button stuff from template.

p.s. Not sure if this Mage_Checkout set to disabled turns Add to Cart by itself…

Old post with useful suggestion, so I think I would update the information: on Magento 1.3 you need to manually remove the “Add to Cart” button, which still appears after disabling the module (leads to empty page).
The exact code to remove and edited files are explained in a few discussions around this forum.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gfxguru

Total Posts:  186

How about disabling it for not logged in customers? Along with the price, quantity box and tier pricing…

Magento Community
Magento Community

bolasevich

Total Posts:  235
Newington, CT USA

re: gfxguru this extension will do that for you -> http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/2096

Magento Community
Magento Community

optical

Total Posts:  35

Anyway, keep the checkout process but just not process the payment via the gateway?  e.g. use site for catalog and select payment then handle payment offline.

branko:

On your suggestion with mage_checkout disabled, does that kill the whole checkout process including the payment selection?

Magento Community
Magento Community

scubaguy

Total Posts:  3
Milwaukee, WI

I know this is an old post, but I found it useful.  In addition to disabling Checkout in Advanced you will also have to edit the following files to remove or change the Add to Cart button.

Edit /app/design/frontend/default/YOUR_TEMPLATE/template/catalog/product/list.phtml
Edit /app/design/frontend/default/YOUR_TEMPLATE/template/catalog/product/view/addtocart.phtml

For me disabling the cart was temporary so I added a switch in the code to make it easy to turn on and off.  Something like this…

<?php
$shop_off 
1;
if(
$_product->isSaleable() && $shop_off != 1): ?>
... normal button code
<?php 
else: ?>

<h2 style="color: red">Shop Offline</h2>
<?php endif; ?>

Magento Community