Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Order Status Management

tilzinger

Total Posts:  126

5 Pages of complaints and still not official comments from Varien :/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

taikahn

Total Posts:  35

tilzinger - 16 March 2009 03:53 PM

5 Pages of complaints and still not official comments from Varien :/

... and from my experience, DONT expect one, I’ve even twittered them. NOTHING.

Magento Community
Magento Community

taikahn

Stephen Pratley - 16 March 2009 03:45 PM

Thought I’d add my weight to this for what it’s worth.

We’re currently trying to work out how to implement Magento for a number of SME clients, as well as some drop-ship projects of our own and whilst we have the actual build time down to levels similar to Interspire or Actinic sites, our issue now is how well inexperienced clients will be able to handle the back-end without us having every minute of the day soaked up in support calls.

The pick-pack-ship process is currently the deal-breaker for some of them

The whole thing reminds me of when I ran an eCommerce operation for a business run by a bunch of ex auditors who couldn’t get their heads round high-volume B2C transaction processing and insisted everything be entered into their ancient version of Pegasus accounting software.  Whilst the theory held up OK and the bean counters were happy, it eventually led to us needing three times the number of data entry staff to keep up as the business grew.

So the practice in place is sound in one respect - financial records, but very weak in another - operational efficiency.
We really need something that a Christmas warehouse temp can be trained on in under 20 minutes to create a pick list of paid orders, create packing slips, box up and mark orders as awaiting despatch, then someone else to add tracking numbers and mark as despatched.

If we can get over this I’d be delighted. Can’t offer much in the way of skills until we get some more staff on board but there is some budget there for development as long as it suits the small business end of the market.

Very well written. Thanks for such a concise example.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tjscgroup

Total Posts:  146
United Kingdom

As Roy Rubin has confirmed that Magento will not be managing order fulfillment, I thought I would see if I could find a 3rd party that would work nicely with Magento.

I have not found anything that is on the market today however I have had a few conversations with www.interprisesuite.com who have confirmed that they expect to have a working integration by the summer.

Perhaps this pairing will be the answer!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

vbwebsites

Total Posts:  93
Virginia

was there a fix for order status found?

Magento Community
Magento Community

taikahn

tjscgroup - 18 March 2009 11:41 PM

As Roy Rubin has confirmed that Magento will not be managing order fulfillment, I thought I would see if I could find a 3rd party that would work nicely with Magento.

I have not found anything that is on the market today however I have had a few conversations with www.interprisesuite.com who have confirmed that they expect to have a working integration by the summer.

Perhaps this pairing will be the answer!!

So a commercial system to integrate with my open source system? Shit. This is just getting more and more ridiculous—Im starting the process of walking away from Magento straight to OSCommerce 3.0.

Tai

Magento Community
Magento Community

vbwebsites

Virginia

OSc doesnt come close to Magento. Magento is not mature yet but already proves to be an incredible base.

Magento Community
Magento Community

taikahn

vbwebsites - 19 March 2009 06:11 AM

OSc doesnt come close to Magento. Magento is not mature yet but already proves to be an incredible base.

Oh how wrong you are. We do millions of dollars on OSC. A stable code base is a million times better than the cluster fuck bloat ware that is the current magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vbwebsites

Virginia

I too have done many Osc sites and yes they continue to run but think back when you first started with osc and look where magento is already at. How many plugins/addons would you have to install to get OSc to the level of magento. I won’t miss those days. I can think of atleast 20 addons needed to get OSc to this level. However in respect of OSc, I MISS EZPOPULATE!

Magento Community
Magento Community

taikahn

vbwebsites - 19 March 2009 06:43 AM

I too have done many Osc sites and yes they continue to run but think back when you first started with osc and look where magento is already at. How many plugins/addons would you have to install to get OSc to the level of magento. I won’t miss those days. I can think of atleast 20 addons needed to get OSc to this level. However in respect of OSc, I MISS EZPOPULATE!

This is true although Magento’s features are all a bit clunky—nothing just works, like status upates, one click froogle exports and EZP in OSC—

Magento Community
Magento Community

vbwebsites

Virginia

I had tons of issues a few months ago when i first started with magento as I was using a third party to host as my server is still running php in the 4’s. I found the pfp-ini fix here and magento works better on my server.

I have another project going with 25K products, hosting that one at slicehost though as its data intensive. we shall see.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tjscgroup

Total Posts:  146
United Kingdom

Can we please leave the discussion as to whether OSC or Magento is better or worse to another thread.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vbwebsites

Virginia

Sorry tjs, you are right. My apologies. This thread has been going a long while now and still no answer? seems Strange.

I just want three statuses

Processing
Rejected
Completed / Shipped

I dont understand why this issue has not been resolved.

My client is just taking CC / saved as payment method and its all straight forward. When I place an order and set in admin to ship it still shows as processing in my account on frontend. weird.

Magento Community
Magento Community

taikahn

vbwebsites - 19 March 2009 07:04 AM

Sorry tjs, you are right. My apologies. This thread has been going a long while now and still no answer? seems Strange.

I just want three statuses

Processing
Rejected
Completed / Shipped

I dont understand why this issue has not been resolved.

My client is just taking CC / saved as payment method and its all straight forward. When I place an order and set in admin to ship it still shows as processing in my account on frontend. weird.

Yup, nice system they have, that they refuse to fix, isn’t it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

marcuso

Total Posts:  18

For all those looking for order management, you should really have a look at StoneEdge.  It is a commercial product, but once you buy it, most of the source is available.  It costs about $2000 to start, but it is a small cost for the capability it offers.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community