Total Posts:  63

I agree, I agree, I agree.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

georg.ritschl

Total Posts:  3

Thanks for the encouraging words.
I would really prefer a much simpler backend where I can maunally overrule the system intelligence and set the status to what I want.
Basically I can’t think of any more statuses needed than:

- awaiting payment (in any case where the payment module has not automatically confirmed payment)
- paid (to be set by credit card or paypal, or manually in case of bank transfers or other offline capture)
- Invoice printed, busy packing (That step is presently missing, but it’s important)
- sent (Obvious, the present “create delivery” does that fine)
- problem order or alert (whene ever something is wrong, that can be reflected in the comment fields)

Payment methods are complex and many. Not all modules always work properly. So it’s necessary that the admin can reflect the real situation so that someone else who works on the same database knows exactly which order is paid and should be packed, which one is in the process of packing and which one is already sent.
That’s in essence very simple.
Momentarily the whole thing is confusing.
some orders refelct as pending although they are paid, some go immediately to “complete” even though they haven’t shipped yet.
I spend 2-3 times the time in sorting out the mess than I did with good old zencart (no pun intended, just a little “wakey-wakey” to the developers)
Since a lot of sophisticed thinking must have already gone into the existing solution and maybe it adresses the needs of some bigger companies who want sophisticated bookkeeping features in the back end, why not offer a simple switch in the system config where you can chose simple order processing or the complicated one. But I think the “complicated one” also has to be much improved.

I’m not pogramming savvy, but maybe someone out there feels that there is a market for a “simple order management module”
I would definitely buy it, promise! We don’t want to lose the reporting features of course.
But I’m not so interested in what’s “invoiced” or not. The info really needed is

-Total orders
- total orders paid
- total orders pending payment
- total orders shipped
- problem orders

Georg

PS: on another note: Why does printing an invoice always assume that the amount is already paid. Often I need to print invoices for bigger customers who are not really ordering online, but want an invoice in order to then make a payment by bank transfer.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bogislaw

Total Posts:  63

You can never know what statuses a company needs. You can never know what status process a company needs. In some aspects (and important ones) Magento is very rigid, if not to say RESTRICTIVE.

Why would I circumcise my own possibilities. Why on earth should I not delete orders if I want to?

The whole status and order management is lacking imagination. Of course, you should always keep in mind that you cannot expect to use Magento without a programmer who is able to implement your demands. But I don’t believe this should be an excuse for Magento’s shortcomings.

You should be able to set and edit statuses in the backend. Statuses could have attributes like products. You could set conditions, you could apply actions that are automatically processed when the status is set, and you could set email templates to be triggered when the status is set.

Instead, Magento tells you, you can only do this and this, and you can’t go back. Sometimes there is a logic behind it which you have to figure out, but in some points the drawbacks just outweigh the benefits, and the logic is pretty narrow.

Not to mention the silly Credit Memo process. I’m not going into detail here, but it could be so darn simple, you know - partial refund - simple calculation, no? It’s not possible. Magento tells you: You can only issue a credit memo if the product is returned. That’s bull.

On the other hand, always remember that many things work very well and it’s free.
Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

catoctin

Total Posts:  5

I’m surprised no one has mentioned ShipWorks, we’re about ready to go live with our Magento store and it seems like it will work fine for us.

It downloads the orders to a local SQL database and you can change the statuses locally (customizable statuses) and setup filters based on the local status. You print the shipping label, it uploads the tracking numbers back into Magento, marks it as Complete, and Magento sends off the shipment confirmation.

We’ve been using Shipworks with Volusion for a couple years now and process ~30 orders a day.

http://www.interapptive.com/shipworks/

Scott

Magento Community
Magento Community

uberownage

Total Posts:  11

catoctin - 23 February 2010 09:04 PM

I’m surprised no one has mentioned ShipWorks, we’re about ready to go live with our Magento store and it seems like it will work fine for us.

It downloads the orders to a local SQL database and you can change the statuses locally (customizable statuses) and setup filters based on the local status. You print the shipping label, it uploads the tracking numbers back into Magento, marks it as Complete, and Magento sends off the shipment confirmation.

We’ve been using Shipworks with Volusion for a couple years now and process ~30 orders a day.

http://www.interapptive.com/shipworks/

Scott

wow this is interesting ! thanks for the info !

Magento Community
Magento Community

JasonHig3

Total Posts:  1

I am giving shiprush a try. I use it for ebay, and now it has magento too.

http://fedex.shiprush.com/ecommerce/

Magento Community
Magento Community

IGeeky1

Total Posts:  20

As per simple Bulk Invoice processing instead of one by one, has anybody tried the Simple Bulk Order Processing extension
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/2521/magento-extended-order-grid-mass-actions

Looks like it beats going through and capturing 382 orders one by one like I did today.  Made me REALLY wish I’d looked into Magento a bit more.
Tomorrow I get to do another 400 plus add the tracking codes to the first 382.
Uh ... I got to look into importing a spreadsheet with this info or something....argh

Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jibé

Total Posts:  64
Rennes, France

IGeeky1 - 04 March 2010 07:24 PM

Tomorrow I get to do another 400 plus add the tracking codes to the first 382.
Uh ... I got to look into importing a spreadsheet with this info or something....argh

Hi Mark,

Expeditor Inet extension allows to import a csv file with “<order id>;<tracking number>” lines, to automatically:
- create the shipments
- add the tracking number
- send the email to the customer

That may help you… Don’t hesitate to PM me for any questions or help regarding your specific needs.

Jibé

Magento Community
Magento Community

plu_australia

Total Posts:  132

What is everyone doing about this? Its been some time now and it appears averyone has moved on to some type of solution.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/FOOMAN/extension/1599/ordermanager OR
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Sebastian+Enzinger/extension/2521/simplify-bulk-order-processing

Be great to know how everyone is handling this area of Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bvsjake

Total Posts:  1

I was wondering the same as (plu_australia) What have most of you settled with?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

georg.ritschl - 11 February 2010 10:35 PM

I would really prefer a much simpler backend where I can maunally overrule the system intelligence and set the status to what I want.
Basically I can’t think of any more statuses needed than:

- awaiting payment (in any case where the payment module has not automatically confirmed payment)
- paid (to be set by credit card or paypal, or manually in case of bank transfers or other offline capture)
- Invoice printed, busy packing (That step is presently missing, but it’s important)
- sent (Obvious, the present “create delivery” does that fine)
- problem order or alert (whene ever something is wrong, that can be reflected in the comment fields)

Georg, you may configure order statuses with the Amasty’s Order Status extensions.
I would appreciate your comments of how we can make the module even more useful.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jugganaut

Total Posts:  17

Amasty - Will this work with FooMan\’s bulk status extension?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

jugganaut - 13 September 2010 07:30 AM

Amasty - Will this work with FooMan\’s bulk status extension?

We haven’t tested the extensions together - had no opporunity as of yet. If you will have conflicts - we will either help you to fix them or return the money in full, if unsuccessful (which is extremely unlikely). Sounds good:)?

Magento Community
Magento Community

moomoo

Total Posts:  192

Shine Marketing - 16 March 2009 03:45 PM

We really need something that a Christmas warehouse temp can be trained on in under 20 minutes to create a pick list of paid orders, create packing slips

In case anyone reading this and looking for similar features, our pickPack extension does a lot of this.

Magento Pick Lists & Packing Slips

You simply select all the orders to be sent (any order status), and can then print pick lists and packing slips.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gary1976

Total Posts:  26
Dorset

Teclance Enterprise - 15 December 2008 11:41 AM

We are now in the process of this issue as we launched 2 new sites with magento and this is definetly a section that could be worked on, we use oscommerce for our other site and the order process is a charm. Perhaps they should review their order system.

Any how we had a customer order and pay by paypal and their order status was upgraded to Processing and in the comment section it says
Customer Notified
Received IPN verification

When we look over to the right where it displays the Order Details, it shows the Total Paid as 0.00. Shouldn’t this be updated to what the customer paid upon verification from paypal or am I overlooking something?

Thanks for the assistance.

I am having the same problem:

IPN “Completed”. Registered notification about captured amount of £43.79.

But to the right in the “orders totals” the “total paid” is £0.00

Any thoughts?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 9 of 10