I’ve just submitted a FREE new widget to MagentoConnect (just waiting for it to go live).
It’s to display products on the frontend, but you have more options over how they’re displayed. Features include:
- featured products (specify the products to display in the widget using a product attribute)
- random products - instead of featured, the widget can select X random products from your catalogue
- group by category - you can choose to group products by category
- select categories - you can choose which categories products are selected from
- visual options (specify the number of products per row and number of products to select) to make sure the widget matches your site
- CSS - I’ve tried to create generic CSS styles, so that the widget will look good in all common themes. I’ve tried in on various themes, and it seems look great.
Feature requests: I’m hoping to add more functionality to this widget, including the option of bringing in best selling and new products as options. I’m also open to user requests to improve this widget
Price: It’s completely free to use
Download: As soon as it’s out on MagentoConnect I’ll post a URL, for now you can get it from here
There’s no special install procedure, if you upload the contents of the app and skin folder to your store (don’t overwrite those two folders obviously!) then the widget will appear as an option in the WYSIWYG widget menu.