Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Concat of order number

nkdineshdct

Total Posts:  66
India

I have created a custom module and in the module i want to concat the ”po” infront of the order number.

For eg, if the order number is 100000, then in my custom module show the order number as po100000. i should be stored in the database , so it can be used later wherever it is needed.

Thanks in advance. Please it is very urgent.

Dinesh

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nkdineshdct

India

Anyone can give some idea on this!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mzentrale1
Guru

Total Posts:  731
Stuttgart, Germany

Hi,

do you want to update original generated order number or do you want to save it in additional attribute?
If you want to get this number displayed instead of the original number you have to update it.

But you can generally config the format of the order id. Take a look at this topic:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5893/

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

nkdineshdct

India

I m creating purchase order module , in that id it will prefixed with po1000001.
The difference between the order and purchase order is that “po”.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community