Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Fully Functional Custom Install

sokratex

Total Posts:  1

Impressive, clean, beautiful and full of sexy features. You got a winner

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gabrielk

Total Posts:  83

We’ve been able to get the load times down significantly by replacing our database server.  Seems this whole time it was having hardware issues, thus lending to some of the slowness.  Since fixing it we’ve been able to handle several hundred visitors at a time without significant slowness, even with several chunks of unoptimized custom code going.  The site’s definitely much zippier now, and we’ve been toying with switching over to lighttpd (which in our initial tests has proven great, we’ve just had some ajax issues with implementing it).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Peteren

Total Posts:  15

@Gabrielk: Sounds good. Would you like to share the url of your website with us? I’m very curious how quick your website works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gabrielk

Total Posts:  83

Peteren - 25 February 2008 01:57 AM

@Gabrielk: Sounds good. Would you like to share the url of your website with us? I’m very curious how quick your website works.

Whoops, I was unclear—I’m one of the developers working on http://www.shoebacca.com, so I was referencing the site this thread’s about. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Very nice!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Danielc1234

Total Posts:  175
Miami, FL - United States

@Gabrielk: I would really like to know your hardware list and server setups.
We have a webserver we are trying to devote to a few Magento sites, but still having some speed issues.
And it would be great to know how to stripe out useless code that is not being utilized in hopes to speed things up.
Can you share with us what coding you might have stripped out of magento to help with speed.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

yield

Total Posts:  1

bacca - 14 December 2007 05:35 PM

Thanx,
It really is magento.
We are using some 3rd party apps as well.
Scene7 from adobe for image serving, NetSuite for CRM.
Netsuite controls the orders and communication with the client during the fulfilment process.

We also fouund a nice address validation/correction tool from ServiceObjects.

Last piece is the Channel Advisor api for...channel management and inventory control.

Would you be able to expand on what NetSuite is doing? I dont see any pings going to the NetSuite servers… it looks very good. 

So does the inventory automatically get decremented once the payment goes through the NetSuite servers?

Magento Community
Magento Community

fastboxgaming

Total Posts:  101

Is that category scroller at the bottom custom designed or is it a module/plugin? How hard was that to implement?
Joel

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2