Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

more designing example please! 

vile

Total Posts:  4

can somebody post a tutorial thats really really basic like showing “hello world”.  i’m confuse withthe designers manual. thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

vile

anyone?? :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Total Posts:  261
Long Beach, CA

Do you know your way around CSS? Depeding on what you need, the majority of the customizations are done through the boxes.css file. Check out the theme’s I’ve created (Links in my Sig). The designer’s guide only gives you an overview of the structure of Magento, but it requires you to know a little about PHP, HTML and CSS…

Magento Community
Magento Community

vile

yes i know CSS,PHP and HTML can you please post a simple simple tutorial on how to make a new tempalte. what should i do in “skeleton” then use this skeleton in next step..  anything simple simple howto… like display “hello world example” is enough. i really find it hard to design magento. theres not enough documentation.  I saw a lot of built in functions.. like this one:

<?php $_links = $this->getLinks(); ?>
<?php if(count($_links)>0): ?>
<div>
<ul<?php if($this->getName()): ?>):?> id="<?php echo $this->getName() ?>"<?php endif;?>>
<?php foreach($_links as $_link): ?>
<li <?php if($_link->getIsFirst()): ?> class="first"<?php elseif($_link->getIsLast()): ?> class="last"<?php endif; ?><?php echo $_link->getLiParams() ?>><?php echo $_link->getBeforeText() ?><a href="<?php echo $_link->getUrl() ?>” title="<?php echo $_link->getTitle() ?>” <?php echo $_link->getAParams() ?>><?php echo $_link->getLabel() ?></a><?php echo $_link->getAfterText() ?></li>
<?php endforeach; ?>
</ul>
</div>
<?php endif; ?>

do you have any documention of the functions? im really confused.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community