Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento create Pro forma invoices? 

shane1090

Total Posts:  6

I’ve seen the question asked a few times, and I’ve also seen people talking about Magento being able to do it in 1.4 and above, but i can’t find any instructions as to how to set up this function.

Is it possible to create Pro forma invoices through the Magento system and if so how?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

johnchamley

Total Posts:  4

I guess the process would be to create an Order without a payment and Leave it on account in the ‘pending’ state.....
A template would then be required to print off the order (PDF and email to customer) with the Document Heading ‘Pro-Forma Number 0000001’ instead of ‘Sales Order Number 000001’

Our shop is setup for credit card payment and so will not allow an order to be processed without card payment.

I guess the solution for this is a custom payment method called ‘ProForma’ that sets the Order into the pending status.
(Maybe this could be hidden in frontend)

You can edit a sales order but it creates a new order with a ‘-1’ post fix but this could then have the correct payment added.

i can also see lots of Quotation Extensions that can be converted into orders but they are as much as £600.....

any better ideas ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community