Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Assign category to multiple roots or categories

kpeden

Total Posts:  3

Hi - I’m wondering if there is a way to assign a sub-category to multiple categories, or a category to multiple roots?  I have a scenario where I want to predefine sub-categories and then mix and match them in different stores.  Is this possible in the Magento core or as an extension.  So far my searches have not been fruitful.  -Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Werner Wilms

Total Posts:  1

I have a similar situation where I have to add a subcategory to mulitple categories. I couldn’t find a thread answering the question yet. Seems its simply not possible. Could anyone of the power users say something to this? Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

xmivite
Guru

Total Posts:  355

there is someone who makes an extension that; duplicates categories for this purpose and multi-store, look for duplicate categories in the extensions or google it...I think its amasty…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community