Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.4.1 change top links

migo

Total Posts:  10

I want to change the links at the top - My Account, My Wishlist etc - I actually want to add a link to a content page - anyway I tried doing this in top.links.phtml but nada and the comments say that this file is deprecated - so where was this moved?

I greatly appreciate the amazing amount of work that has gone into magento however I hope this is the last magento project I get I am sick and tired of tracking down where things have moved or how things are done based on what version Im in - first time I used this software a few years ago I thought it was amazing the amount of offering for what is essentially free but I think its grown beyond usefulness because its next to impossible to keep up with where things move. I can tell you as a dev this is the LAST client I will recommend this software to. Its all support after this.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

satish
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  812
34,mantri Sadan,Shivaji Nagar,Nagpur,MS,India 4400

@migo::You can change link for “My Account”, “My Wishlist” etc top link from their assigned xml file as customer.xml and wishlist.xml file.

As you can add new link code to the links.phtml file intents of top.links.phtml file.

Or you can also define it to xml file.

Satish

Magento Community
Magento Community

justintime67

Total Posts:  188

I tried following your advice and it doesnt come up in top links even when i flush cache..

I tried adding this code to contacts.xml

<reference name="top.links">
                                            <
action method="addLink" translate="label title" module="contacts"><label>Contact Us</label><url helper="contacts"/><title>Contact Us</title><prepare/><urlParams/><position>4</position></action>

</
reference>
but it didnt work.. i also tried with removing the ‘module’ part and with replacing existing links in customer.xml with the above code but still no good.. any ideas? I am using 1.4.2, this is the code in page.xml:
<block type="page/template_links" name="top.links" as="topLinks"/>

<
block type="page/template_links" name="top.cart" as="topCart"/>

<
block type="page/html_wrapper" name="top.container" as="topContainer" translate="label">
                    <
label>Page Header</label>
                    <
action method="setElementClass"><value>top-container</value></action>
                </
block>
            </
block>

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community