Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I let the buyer shop for the same product in 2 different ways? 

shani1351

Total Posts:  156

How do I let the buyer shop for the same product in 2 different ways?

Hello,
I want to build a website that sells laptop batteries.
My problem is that one battery can be used for more than one laptop type and I want to give the buyer 2 ways to find his battery -
first option :
step 1) select a brand
step 2) select laptop model

second option :
step 1) select a brand
step 2) select battery part number

Lets say one buyer has laptop XX from dell, the battery for this laptop is y.
And another buyer has laptop TT from HP, the battery for this laptop is also y.

I want that if the first buyer uses the first option and selects DELL and then his computer’s model - XX , when he clicks the buy now button in the product page he will see in his cart “DELL XX Y”

And if the second buyer uses the first option and selects HP and then his computer’s model - TT , when he clicks the buy now button in the product page he will see in his cart “HP TT Y”

And if they use the second option -
The first buyer will select DELL and then Y from the battery part numbers list, and when clicks the buy now button in the product page he will see in his cart “DELL Y”.

The second buyer selects HP and then Y from the battery part numbers list, and when clicks the buy now button in the product page he will see in his cart “HP Y”.

Any ideas how can I do that with magento?

Thanks,
Shani.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community