Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

no backend? 

silent1643

Total Posts:  30

installed it, now i have a front end but no back end…
i did not setup a secure server for this as i was testing only… could this be the problem?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

yvonney

Total Posts:  9

same here with both the latest full AND 8 meg install on hosted space all goes well, front end is fantastic.... Though any attempt to access backend or customer’s my account gets a page saying folder does not exist…

DURING the install I selected the checkbox at the bottom to bypass the HTTP auth part or whatever it said.

Basically I got a red line at the top saying SSH 443 folder did not exist [or similar comment- you know the one smile]

so… what’s up...?

THANKS!!!!

oh how cool is this.... NO MORE OSCOMMERCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jayt_2k

Total Posts:  5

I get exactly the same problem.

I also cannot view any products as says the page cannot be found, but have a working front page and some other pages.

I want to use this script so bad.

looks great.

Thanks in advance
James

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

yvonney - 15 December 2007 03:20 PM

Though any attempt to access backend or customer’s my account gets a page saying folder does not exist…

DURING the install I selected the checkbox at the bottom to bypass the HTTP auth part or whatever it said.

Basically I got a red line at the top saying SSH 443 folder did not exist [or similar comment- you know the one smile]

Hi yvonney,

It looks like your web-server doesn’t have ssh html folder pointing to the same place as nonsecure html folder. Could you please make a symlink of your magento folder under public_html to secure_html/magento (or whatever name does it have on your host)?

Please let me know if it helps.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

jayt_2k - 16 December 2007 04:33 AM

I also cannot view any products as says the page cannot be found, but have a working front page and some other pages.

Hi James,

Did you refresh URL rewrites after Magento installation as described in the Release Notes:

Right after the installation or upgrade go to the Admin -> System -> Cache Management, check the ‘Refresh Catalog Rewrites’ checkbox and click on ‘Save cache settings’ button in order to get new URL rewrites updated

Please let me know if it helps.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

yvonney

Total Posts:  9

nice… thanks. I’ll try a few things. So, I didn’t know it was possible to create a symlink [shortcut] on a full featured hosted space… Anyone done this? Tips?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

yvonney -

So, I didn’t know it was possible to create a symlink [shortcut] on a full featured hosted space… Anyone done this? Tips?

You can contact your host’s support to ask how should your web directories be configured in case your application needs to have both unsecure and secure access to it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community