Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I dont understand how to set up Shipping and Handling fees

Mims

Total Posts:  3
MN

I’m very new to using Magento so please understand I’m slow lol. We have a general idea how to apply shipping and handling rates but our problem is we don’t know at what numbers should we set our handling fee or which method is better for our store (fixed,flat rates etc.) Right now this is how we have it set up

Enabled: Yes
UPS type: UPS
Title: UPS
Container: Customer Packaging
Weight Unit: LBS
Destination type: Residential
Pickup method: Regular Daily Pickup
Maximum Package Weight : 20
Calculate Handling Fee: Fixed
Handling Applied: Per Package
Handling fee: 3

Now when we first set up the site we didn’t know exactly how to calculate the shipping. We just changed the weight of shipping to be higher so it would cover handling fees. Obviously that isn’t the best choice and we want to correct this problem to make our shipping rates appropriate. I have gotten the user guide but it seems to leave out details and I’ve also read other “how to’s” on Magento but I cant seem to find anything. Is there something else I should be doing when entering products to my store to make the shipping make sense? Please help!

Image Attachments
Capture.PNG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

Hiya,

There\’s a page on our wiki that talks about setting up handling charges: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/modules_reference/english/mage_adminhtml/system_config/edit/carriers#calculate_handling_fee

let me know if that helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mims

MN

THANK YOU! I was afraid no one would help me lol. I’ll give it a try smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mims

MN

So for the handling percentage, is it calulating it off the dollar amount or the weight?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community