Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Sale page

neilbradley

Total Posts:  43

Hi there,

I’m trying to create a ‘Sale’ page. So far I have created the file \app\code\local\Mage\Catalog\Block\Product\Special.php with the code;

class Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_Special extends Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_List 
{

/**
     * Retrieve loaded category collection
     * @return Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract
     */

protected function _getProductCollection()

{     
        $todayDate 
date('m/d/y');

$tomorrow mktime(000date('m'), date('d')+1date('y'));

$tomorrowDate date('m/d/y'$tomorrow);

$collection Mage::getResourceModel('catalogsearch/advanced_collection')
            ->
addAttributeToSelect(Mage::getSingleton('catalog/config')->getProductAttributes())
            ->
addMinimalPrice()
            ->
addStoreFilter();

Mage::getSingleton('catalog/product_status')->addVisibleFilterToCollection($collection);

Mage::getSingleton('catalog/product_visibility')->addVisibleInSearchFilterToCollection($collection);

Mage::getSingleton('cataloginventory/stock')->addInStockFilterToCollection($_productCollection);

$collection->addAttributeToFilter('special_from_date', array('date' => true'to' => $todayDate))         
        ->
addAttributeToFilter('special_to_date', array('or'=> array(

=> array('date' => true'from' => $tomorrowDate),

=> array('is' => new Zend_Db_Expr('null')))
                        ), 
'left');

return 
$collection;

}

}

I have then created a new CMS page titled Sale with this code;

{{block type='catalog/product_special' template='catalog/product/list.phtml'}}

The problem I get is that the grid of products only has 3 columns, whereas all of my other grid catalog pages have 5 columns. Additionally, this page is showing Sale items that are no longer in stock.

I wondered if anyone knows how I can get it to display 5 columns and only show saleable items?

Thanks,
Neil

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

May be this thread helps: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/23060/

Magento Community
Magento Community

neilbradley

Total Posts:  43

Thanks Amasty. I’m using some similar code myself, which is displaying products. It’s just displaying some that are no longer in stock. :(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community