Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Newsletter Signup

BecT

Total Posts:  42

Just wondering if it is possible to swap out the current newsletter signup option with my mailchimp account? and if so how do i go about doing this?

just had a look at the extensions and found one that apparently be integrated but installation failed and I am not sure how to fix it, so any advice on how to change or implement this extension would be appreciated.

Error message when installing:-

Failed to download magento-community/Ebizmarts_MailChimp within preferred state “stable”, latest release is version 1.4.3, stability “beta”, use “channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/Ebizmarts_MailChimp-1.4.3” to install
Cannot initialize ‘channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/Ebizmarts_MailChimp’, invalid or missing package file
Install Errors
Package “channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/Ebizmarts_MailChimp” is not valid
PEAR ERROR: install failed

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

It looks like you are trying to install a beta version into your stable environment. If you go to your Magento connect and choose Beta instead of Stable it should install.

Magento Community
Magento Community

satish
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  812
34,mantri Sadan,Shivaji Nagar,Nagpur,MS,India 4400

@BecT::you will need to go to extension and select “Specs” tab and check “Stability” of extension. Go to admin->magento connect and set proper version of stability.

Satish

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

@satish: Thanks for saying what I just said

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community