Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can you guys please fix your forum submission page? Specifically your messed up captcha! 

pezomatic

Total Posts:  190

I just spent five minutes trying to make a simple post becuase your captcha and submission page is stupid.

First off, you should not include the following characters: 0 o O

The first captcha on my post had a “0” but I typed a “O” which resulted in a failed post.

Okay, no problem.

So I am taken back to the post submission page where I attempt to correctly enter the new captcha.

Second attempt, FAIL! (with no indication of why it failed, it just took me back to the submission page)
Third attempt, FAIL!
Fourth attempt, FAIL!
Fifth attempt, FAIL!

Okay, now I am getting frustrated, what the hell is going on?

So I scroll up to the top of the page and I see that after my first failed captcha attempt that your lovely forum submission page has erased the subject of my email. Unfortunately I was unable to see the top of the page because I was down at the bottom where the captcha is.

And since I am already here bitching, I have another complaint and suggestion. Why cant you guys figure out a way to maintain the state of the “Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread” option? The damn thing get’s reset every time there is a problem submitting a post. Why not make it on by default? I would think that “On” is the more common setting for most forum users.

And....move the “attachments” field up so it’s above the poll option and not directly above the captcha graphic. I keep clicking on it to enter the captcha response only to have the damn attachments dialog box pop up.

If my Magento store was not so buggy and giving me headaches I probably would not be so cranky.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Yes, the problem really exists

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

@pezomatic:: Magento is currently reviewing some new forum software.  I agree with the captcha problem (I am actually typing this a second time!)

It is a temp fix which has at least relieved us of all the annoying spammers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pezomatic

Total Posts:  190

Brent W Peterson - 22 October 2010 03:37 AM

@pezomatic:: Magento is currently reviewing some new forum software.  I agree with the captcha problem (I am actually typing this a second time!)

It is a temp fix which has at least relieved us of all the annoying spammers.

Only twice, you’re lucky. smile

Thanks for the update.

Please move the “attachments” field so it is directly below the characters count. This way there is better visual separation and less chance of confusing it with the captcha entry field.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community