Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento is a finalist in Packt Publishing’s Open Source Awards! 

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

Greetings All,

The Open Source Awards is an annual online event held by Packt Publishing to distinguishing excellence among Open Source projects.

This award category is reserved for the type of Web Applications that simplify buying and selling Online and includes eCommerce applications and frameworks and is designed to encourage, support, recognize and reward a wide range of Open Source projects.

Magento is a finalist! How exciting! smile

Voting ends November 5, with the winners announced the week commencing November 15.

Show your support for Magento! Vote Now!

https://www.packtpub.com/open-source-awards-home/vote-open-source-e-commerce-application

Rhonda

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TWDesign

Total Posts:  38

Winners were

1. PrestaShop
2. OpenCart
3. Tomato Cart

Magento didn’t even make it into the top 3 !

Wonder why?

Might have something to do with Varien basically flipping the bird to the open source community
and concentrating on making money from their Professional and Enterprise editions.

That, plus the fact that Magento is still too slow, overly complicated and lacking proper support forum management.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BR

Total Posts:  31

I chose the Magento by a friend’s recommendation. He has the Professional version. i started the CE version and spent days and month. I posted the questions in the forum but not very serious technical support. I was expecting help and guidance in the forum but unfortunately it was not the case and I did not see any programmer show off from officially from Magento to help except some other users like me that are frustrated and need help and technical support.
I will decide at the end of this year if I continue with Magento or looking for another open source.
Regards.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Knel

Total Posts:  183

Post delete - Post supprimé

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

We’ve already won. We have an awesome community! Awesome community moderators, partners, merchants and developers. I think we’re happy with that, regardless smile Congrats to the winners!

Magento Community
Magento Community

TWDesign

Total Posts:  38

If Magento is not careful they are going to blow the poll position in the open source ecommerce game.

For all the heavy engineering put into Magento it isn’t capable
of doing something as simple as handling zero decimal currencies correctly (yen, won, etc)

And the change from vers 1.3 to 1.4 broke everyone’s templates with little warning.

So the comments about a “awesome community” are in the same vein as
Marie Antoinette’s “let them eat cake” !

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

TWDesign - 07 December 2010 02:40 PM

If Magento is not careful they are going to blow the poll position in the open source ecommerce game.

For all the heavy engineering put into Magento it isn’t capable
of doing something as simple as handling zero decimal currencies correctly (yen, won, etc)

And the change from vers 1.3 to 1.4 broke everyone’s templates with little warning.

So the comments about a “awesome community” are in the same vein as
Marie Antoinette’s “let them eat cake” !

Why you do not use Tomato Cart in this case? smile

Samsung, Nokia, Lenovo, and others switched to Magento.

Magento IS ecommerce _platform_.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alecponting

Total Posts:  1

i haven\’t seen many of these threads recently though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BobMane

Total Posts:  108

i love it - i hate it

all said about bloat - slowness and no community support is painfully true.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community