Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do i import products with an atrribute set

rkarstenberg

Total Posts:  2

I have got a csv file with 10.000 products.
Is there a way to manage it so that te attribute set’s automatically imported?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dofre

Total Posts:  1
Switzerland

Hi!
Did you try to manually create some of your 10K products, export them and use the export.xml as a template?
I did that, and I’ve realized that there is a column called “attribute_set” where I can write down the name of my attribute. It will be imported and recognized.

I didn’t find to do something else though. Don’t know if you also have Configurable products to link to simple product in your file? I had to do that but didn’t manage to automatically link them to each other. (had to do it manually).

Let me know if you manage to do it.
Cheers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oMIKEo

Total Posts:  8

Not sure if this is what you need but I’ve just used this extention to import a whole bunch of products with custom options including images and categories.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/bolasevich/extension/1894/custom-bulk-product-import-+-export-with-tier-pricing--product-custom-options--configurable-products--bundle-products--grouped-products--downloadable#overview

You may need to re-export with the extention too but I’ve been in contact with the developer and he is very helpful if you have any questions.

Michael

Magento Community
Magento Community

rkarstenberg

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for your reply’s.

I’m gonna try the options. I think i will manage it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community