Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Products that are not orderable? 

arnekolja

Total Posts:  12

Hello there,

I am looking for a way to place products that are visible, but not orderable. Does anyone know how to do this?

What I want to achieve:

A product shall be listed, but not have a price nor have a button to put it into the cart. Instead the product’s description states “please call us to order this product”.

What I know:

I think I could play with an boolean attribute and then disabling the corresponding parts of the view in my template depending on this attribute or something like that. But I don’t think this would work out of the box, as the price attribute is mandatory.

Second version could be to just create an HTML block instead of a real product, but this would rather be shown in a category view or something and not in the product listing itself.

What’s the best way to get this done? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance

Arne

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community