Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do you add a Community Poll to a CMS Page? 

ibaxter

Total Posts:  4
Menomonee Falls, WI

I\’m looking to add a poll to my CMS home page, but I\’ve been unable to figure out how to properly add it to my layout.

In my current CMS page, I\’ve added other blocks like this:
{{block type=\’core/template\’ template=\’home/newsletter_signup.phtml\’}}

Is there a way to use a similar syntax to place a poll on any CMS page? The only way I\’ve been able to get the poll to appear on the home page (and every page!) is to modify the poll.xml layout file with:
<reference name=\"content\">
<block type=\"poll/activePoll\" name=\"mypoll\">
<action method=\"setPollTemplate\"><template>poll/active.phtml</template><type>poll</type></action>
<action method=\"setPollTemplate\"><template>poll/result.phtml</template><type>results</type></action>
</block>
</reference>

That is not ideal, as it doesn\’t let me specify which pages I want it to appear on, nor does it allow me to place it in a specific location on the page.

I\’m sure there is a simple solution I\’m missing… any pointers?

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

briandesp

Total Posts:  18

Looking for answers to this as well.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community