Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Close thread. Ignore. 

kona

Total Posts:  10

Close Thread.

My question was irrelevant… I was calculating my own tax wrong. Ignore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Magento seems to be having problems calculating tax properly.

Say i’ve got a product at $100, tax is 15% but it’s calculated tax as $13.04 and the nett as $86.96.
Obviously, this would be incorrect. The tax should be $15.

What is strange is that the amount of $13.04 is actually the correct tax amount if my product was $86.96. (86.96 x 0.15 = 13.04).

So Magento is working out a tax rate, not based on the total, but on the nett price.

Under the tax rates I have 15.00 as the rate, under config I have Catalog Prices Include Tax. Then my product price in the catalog is set at $100.

Where am I going wrong here???

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community