Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Invoice Layout

golfzoner

Total Posts:  9

There has been many posts regarding tax issues for invoices etc, but I cannot believe how the layout of simple invoice with address details etc.can be so complicated. Obviously I not a programmer just a simple small businessman trying to get this right. Can anybody help please.

Thanks.
GolfZoner

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

You are probably best looking at one of the invoice extensions available. I use the one at http://www.webshopapps.com but there are one or two other ones that you can find in the Magento Connect section of the site.
They make customisation of the invoice very easy.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

golfzoner

Total Posts:  9

Sorry for the late reply kdecom; my original developer sourced an invoice layout that could be customized, however we kept getting errors when printing off some invoice pdf’s. My new developer suggested we revert back to the original magento invoice system; he has tweaked it a little however we cannot get the address to go over three lines.
The current layout is :
Name
Street #, Street name, Suburb,
Capital City, postcode.
Country
Phone number.

This layout is very confusing when used as a shipping document and time consuming when preparing for a label printer

What I would like is:
Customer Name
Street number & name
Suburb & postcode
Phone number.

Same for the shipping address, can this be done on the? I look forward to your assistance.
Regards.
GolfZoner www.golfzone.com.au

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Have you seen the invoicing extension that we offer?

We’re currently offering a no obligation free trial available at the link below if you would like to take a look at the feature set:

http://www.webshopapps.com/free-stuff/magento-invoicing-free-trial.html

Regards,

Josh @ WebShopApps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

plu_australia

Total Posts:  132

We are using the WebShopApps ext and it makes short work of the native headaches. Little more expensive than the alternatives but well worth the difference for what it offers. Support is great too, we had the ext generate errors on first install and had an updated ext within 24 hours addressing the issue. One little change Id love (more of a wish than a requirement) is to be able to control the number of lines assigned to a customers address per field, but other than that excellent solution.

Cheers,
Jeff

Magento Community
Magento Community

ext4mage

Total Posts:  15
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi

We have made a new extension where you can change everything in the order, invoice, shipping and creditmemo pdf. All you need to know is how to use the Magento WYSIWYG editor.

See more her HTLM2PDF extension or at our website.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community