Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple Shipments Per Order

infusionstudios

Total Posts:  1

I have a question regarding the following features from the feature list:

- Shipping to multiple addresses in one order
- Multiple shipments per order

So a client of mine interpreted this as being able to select products in a cart to ship them to different addresses - in turn having shipping prices calculated individually for each one. So for example, I can order Products A, B, C, and then have Product A shipped UPS Overnight to on address, Product B shipped UPS 2nd Day to another, and Product B shipped UPS Ground to a third address and it will all calculate separately.

Is this interpreted right and doable with Magento?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

batkins

Total Posts:  26

Yes, you can select shipping information for each address.

My understanding is there will be separate order numbers for each address on multi-address checkout.

Which leads to a another question. If there are separate order #s for each address shipped to, will the user receive the same # of confirmation emails (1 for each order #)?

Magento Community
Magento Community

regenbauma

Total Posts:  2

if i order 5 shirts, 5 hats, 5 shoes
can I ship 1 shirt, 1 hat, 1 shoe to each of 5 different addresses
in other words can a single line item with qty > 1 be split into multiple ship-to addresses

Thanks for the urgent response

Also… do you know of anyone that has built an interface to the opencataloginterface (oCI) ...connection to SAP catalog server.. Thanks !!

Magento Community
Magento Community

batkins

Total Posts:  26

Yes, it is possible. You should test this functionality in the demo store by adding products to the cart and checking out with multiple addresses to see how it works. The thing is, Magento processes separate order numbers for each address you ship to. (ie. if you ship to 5 addresses, you have 5 order #’s)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community