Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Need help on how which format to use when inputting weights into the CSV shipping tables? 

Daioujou

Total Posts:  32

Okay, so very sorry - probably something straightforward to everyone, but I’m scared to populate my CSV until I know the format is correct.
Working in grams and kilograms, I need to input the weights into my CSV for weight vs destination - how should I input the grams in the weight column?

Is it written as I would write the weight on a product (do the two need to be the same to read properly?)

For instance, if the product weight is listed as 1.5kg, do I write 1.5kg in the CSV file so the two correspond?

Or are they written with comma breaks in the CSV, so 1,5? Or would 500grams be written as 0,5?

Really sorry about this, I’m new to it all and trying to piece everything together. I’ve searched exhaustably throughout the net to find just one populated example sheet for this table type, just to use as a guideline, but I can’t find one. :(

Many thanks for your help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Daioujou

Please?
Someone must know this. I\’m so sorry if it\’s silly, just need to know how to put in the weight into the CSV and don\’t want to set it all up in the wrong format.

Really appreciate any help.

:(

Magento Community
Magento Community

satish
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  812
34,mantri Sadan,Shivaji Nagar,Nagpur,MS,India 4400

You will set weight of product for shipping in any parameter such as kilo or gram. Don’t use kg and gram in your csv because magento is automatically calculate shipping rate as you have set in your csv. Mean that you will assume that your will set the weight of products in kg or gram, it will no mater.
I have assumed weight of product in kg in my case. So I have set shipping price as per weight.
you can refer attach csv for example.

Country          Region/State    Zip/Postal Code    Weight  (and above)    Shipping Price
USA                      
*                              *                                           0                                5
USA                     
*                               *                                           5                                 7
USA                     
*                               *                                           10                               7
USA                     
*                               *                                           20                               9
USA                     
*                               *                                           25                               11
USA                     
*                               *                                           200                              0

Satish

Magento Community
Magento Community

Daioujou

Hi Satish,

Let me start by saying thanks so much for your help. Your chart helps a lot! Now, I’m still not 100% clear though, only because my shipping table is based on the EMS shipping prices, which increase in price every 500 grams. So on your chart you use rounded KG, what about 1.5kg?

This is the format I’m using on my CSV at the moment for Weight and Shipping columns. I’m trying to create the table so it follows the EMS shipping rates, which increases in price every 500 grams.

It looks like this:

Weight (and above)    Shipping Price
0                         90
500                    90
501                    180
1000                  180
1001                  210
1500                  210
1501                  240
2000                  240
2001                  270
2500                  270
2501                  300
3000                  300
3001                  330
3500                  330

As you can see, I’ve written all the weights in grams (so 1500 is 1.5kg for example.) Is this the correct format?
Also, because the price increases every 500 grams, I’ve done the chart so that 0 - 500 is £0.90, and then 501 - 1000 is £1.80, but I’m not sure if I should just display it like this instead:

0                         90
500                    90
501                    180
1001                  210
1501                  240
2001                  270
2501                  300
3001                  330

Could you tell me if this is more correct?

Also, if the shipping prices are in GBP, would 240 be read as £2.40 in Magento, and 90 as £0.90?

Many thanks, I really appreciate the help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

satish
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  812
34,mantri Sadan,Shivaji Nagar,Nagpur,MS,India 4400

You can try this:

0                                          90
500                                    90
1000                                  180
1500                                   210
2000                                 240
2500                                 270
3000                                 300
3500                                 330
Don’t be confused in between 500-1000 gm. magento code will handle properly.
You can set the shipping prices 240 or 2.40 in your table rate spreadsheet. It doesn’t matter if you have set correct shipping in spreadsheet.

Satish

Magento Community
Magento Community

Daioujou

Many thanks Satish, you’re a life saver. I’ll put it into practice, thanks so much for making that clear for me, very kind of you.

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community