Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Category name and url wont accept changes on front end. 

xmivite
Guru

Total Posts:  355

I have to update a few category names - and i am able to do it in the admin and it shows the new name and url - however - it does not update to the front end.. - all other fields update., i have cleaned the cache. and reindexed everything and still no - results.. 

i believe i had a similar problem once - and i had to edit it directly in the sql tables.. there were two tables that never got updated.. of four. - i cant remember now what it was.  but i am really leery of messing with the tables and screwing up the whole db........ so i just did that before i had tons of data and was in development,. but now i have everthing just about ready to go..  6mos… worth of work..  - really afraid.

anyhow i am 1.4.01 , any one else have same problem.. or any ideas what this can be ...... caused by..or if i should carefully edit a table in the db… manually - and if so which ones should be??? an what about reindexing after that>????

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

satish
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  812
34,mantri Sadan,Shivaji Nagar,Nagpur,MS,India 4400

You should check the data for catalog category in following table in database.

“catalog_category_entity_varchar” and â€œcatalog_category_flat_store_1”

Satish

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

I am not convinced that this is the problem, I suspect is something more in the line of cache not refreshing, but if you do want to query your tables you can start with the Flat catalog table (If flat catalog is turned on) and look at the URL. For the varchar table you will need the entity_type_id and the attribute id, you can get the values from the eav_entity_type table the eav_attribute table.

Magento Community
Magento Community

xmivite
Guru

Total Posts:  355

i am sure its not any indexing or caching problem - i have beating that horse dead long ago.. this is just something ( abug) with all my tables updating properly.  i am sure i can hunt this down manually in the tables and edit the current ones i need. but i cant do this everytime my admin needs to change a product.. that would be crazy.. - if no one else has such a problem - it could stem from my import.. i really struggled with this - as it was not a simple import and i did lots of stuff with options and related products and associations in the import.. took me weeks to do the db conversion , it was a really nasty mess.. and the import feature was joke and slow as can be.  took me days to just import the files..so i am not going back there again.. just really wish to know - if i am the only one with such an issue.. this existed in 1.3.2 and now for me in 1.4.0.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Does it update if you enter a new category?

Have you tried re-installing your core modules?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community