Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Include also category name by mini search

cihan_g

Total Posts:  10

Hello everybody

My question:

I have a store with many products e.g. in elecotronic part like laptops, phones etc.

On top of my magento store i have also the mini search from magento.

The structure of my categories is:

Main
- Electronics
- PC
- Phone
- Product 1
- Product 2
- etc.

Now i would like this:

when i tip in the mini search field “Phone” i would like to see in the results site all Products under the Category “Phone”. How can i do this? maybe its very easy to impelment and i dont know how.

I thanks for the help from the community

cihan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ryan Sun _Kuafu
Guru

Total Posts:  317
FL

the search use a fulltext flat table(categorysearch_fulltext) which aggregate all products info by category search indexer, what it dose basically is selecting all the major attributes from products into one text field,
so you can just customize the indexer to aggregate also the parent category info into this field

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Check out these extension . They greatly improve the quality and relevance of search results Advanced Search for Shared Hosting http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-advanced-search-for-shared-hosting.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community