Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 

wooz

Total Posts:  4

I’m really eager to give Magento a shot after seeing the demo and screencasts.... I can’t seem to get it installed.

FreeBSD
PHP 5.2.25
MySQL 5.1.22

From phpinfo

mysqli
MysqlI Support enabled
Client API library version 5.1.22-rc
Client API header version 5.1.22-rc
MYSQLI_SOCKET /tmp/mysql.sock

PDO
PDO support enabled
PDO drivers sqlite, mysql

pdo_mysql
PDO Driver for MySQL, client library version 5.1.22-rc

When I first try the installation after untar’ing a fresh copy of the latest release, I get this error:

Mysqli prepare error: Table ‘magento.core_config_field’ doesn’t exist

I edit app/etc/config.xml to use pdo_mysql instead of mysqli per the suggestion here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1903/#t8285

Now my error is:

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘magento.core_config_field’ doesn’t exist

Thanks in advance for any help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

wooz

Full error after updating config.xml to pdo_mysql

File Attachments
magento_full_error.txt  (File Size: 11KB - Downloads: 757)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi wooz,

Could you drop the magento database and recreate it again ?
Do you have the same problem with a light package ?

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wooz

Michael - 16 December 2007 11:18 PM

Hi wooz,

Could you drop the magento database and recreate it again ?
Do you have the same problem with a light package ?

Thank you.

Dropped magento db and retried - same result.

Also tried the light package with similar errors - I’ll reproduce those in the morning.

Magento Community
Magento Community

freya

Total Posts:  2

I have the same problem, same error message with 0.7.14800
Do you have any solutions, workarounds?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kekoa V

I have the same problem.  This is my second magento installation, I just downloaded the most recent files, didn’t have this problem with the previous version.  I will try to install the previous one and see if that works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kekoa V

From the installer of svn version 0.7.14803 I get the following error after the configuration step of installation:

<b>Fatal error</b>:  Uncaught exception 'Zend_Db_Statement_Exception' with message 'SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'shimmerd_magento.core_resource' doesn't exist' in /home/shimmerd/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:227
Stack trace:
#0 /home/shimmerd/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(279): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/shimmerd/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(396): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/shimmerd/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(206): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(Object(Zend_Db_Select), Array)
#3 /home/shimmerd/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(677): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(Object(Zend_Db_Select), Array)
#4 /home/shimmerd/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Resource.php(54): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne(Object(Zend_Db_Select))
#5 /home/shimmerd/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(101): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Resource->getDbVersion('
core_setup')
#6 /home/shim in <b>/home/shimmerd/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php</b> on line <b>227</b>

Any ideas what could be wrong?  Is this an incorrect SQL version thing?

Magento Community
Magento Community

yvonney

Total Posts:  9

yep, same here. running localhost latest version. it’s likely me though.. works fine on hosted space. any fixes anyone??

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Zend_Db_Statement_Exception’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘uitycom_mag.core_resource’ doesn’t exist’ in W:\www\mag\lib\Zend\Db\Statement\Pdo.php:227 Stack trace: #0 W:\www\mag\lib\Zend\Db\Statement.php(279): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array) #1 W:\www\mag\lib\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php(396): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array) #2 W:\www\mag\lib\Zend\Db\Adapter\Pdo\Abstract.php(206): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(Object(Zend_Db_Select), Array) #3 W:\www\mag\lib\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php(677): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(Object(Zend_Db_Select), Array) #4 W:\www\mag\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Mysql4\Resource.php(54): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne(Object(Zend_Db_Select)) #5 W:\www\mag\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(101): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Resource->getDbVersion(’core_setup’) #6 W:\www\mag\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(94): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates() #7 W:\www\mag\ap in W:\www\mag\lib\Zend\Db\Statement\Pdo.php on line 227

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@yvonney: versions please - Magento, PHP, MySQL, PDO mysql client version from phpinfo()

Magento Community
Magento Community

linuxiso.com.ar

Total Posts:  1

Hi, I have the same problem, in install process, at the moment to configure the DB info:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Zend_Db_Statement_Exception’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘universonatura.core_resource’ doesn’t exist’ in /www/cdgraff.com.ar/universonatura.com.ar/eshop/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:238 Stack trace: #0 /www/cdgraff.com.ar/universonatura.com.ar/eshop/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(283): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array) #1 /www/cdgraff.com.ar/universonatura.com.ar/eshop/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(406): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array) #2 /www/cdgraff.com.ar/universonatura.com.ar/eshop/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(206): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array) #3 /www/cdgraff.com.ar/universonatura.com.ar/eshop/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(193): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array) #4 /www/cdgraff.com.ar/universonatura.com.ar/eshop/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(694): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array) #5 /www/cdgraff.com.ar/universonat in /www/cdgraff.com.ar/universonatura.com.ar/eshop/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php on line 238

Magento version 1.1.1

Server Info: http://www.universonatura.com.ar/deploy.php

Thanks in Advance!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulo Roberto Duarte Moreira

Error in file: “E:\home\tweens1\web\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\sql\catalog_setup\mysql4-upgrade-0.7.57-0.7.58.php” - SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘entity_type_code’ in ‘where clause’
Trace:
#0 E:\home\tweens1\web\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(292): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 E:\home\tweens1\web\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(179): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.7.57’, ‘0.7.69’)
#2 E:\home\tweens1\web\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(146): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.7.57’, ‘0.7.69’)
#3 E:\home\tweens1\web\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 E:\home\tweens1\web\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(263): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 E:\home\tweens1\web\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(263): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 E:\home\tweens1\web\magento\app\Mage.php(434): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#7 E:\home\tweens1\web\magento\app\Mage.php(455): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#8 E:\home\tweens1\web\magento\index.php(65): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

Who can help me ?

i dont know what i do about this error.

http://www.tweens.com.br/magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

Iván Guardado

Santiago de Compostela

I had the same problem and this was my solution:
1. Go to cache directory:
$ cd magento/var/cache

2. Delete all files:
$ rm -R *

Then refresh the web and the database will be recreated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cyberdude09

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: file XXXXXX

You Rock !!
just need to delete all the mange-XX folders in the cache in the var/cache folder
no more error

Thanks
-d

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shelton

help!

i’m new to magento, and on my first installation i have this too, i’ve tried some of the solutions, none of which work....

here’s my error (i’ve astrixed some of my diectory):

..There has been an error processing your requestError in file: “/******/******/fiveolution.co.uk/lesh/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-install-1.4.0.0.0.php” - SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘leshstockphoto.lspcatalog_eav_attribute’ doesn’t exist

any idea how to fix?

thanks folks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rajandanish

Total Posts:  10

Iván Guardado you rock man,

I had the same problem, followed your solution,and got it worked.

Thanks.
Danish wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

blaatfool

Hi guys,

I have exactly the same problem. When I access the homepage I get the following error:

Error in file: “/xxxx/xxxxx/xxx/app/code/core/Mage/Core/sql/core_setup/install-1.6.0.0.php” - SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘xxxxxx.core_resource’ doesn’t exist

I tried the solution of deleting the contents in de /var/cache folder. This did not help.
I can’t find out how this problem occurred all of a sudden.

I have a MAC and copied the database locally as well as the ib* files. I can’t even get it to work locally using MAMP.

Can someone please help me?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community