Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to upgrade 1.2.0.2 to 1.4.1.1 ? 

nocloo

Total Posts:  4

Hi,

I’ve a very old version of Magento and want to upgrade to the latest version. I’ve checked the manual and there is only an upgrade from 1.3.x to 1.4.x. What is the safest way to upgrade from 1.2.x to 1.4.x ?

Thank you in advance for your help,
-Tony

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ebuntu

Total Posts:  245
Denver, CO

Upgrading from v1.2 to v.1.4.x is a big jump. I suggest you try upgrading your Magento on a test server to make sure every thing is working properly. Then implement that upgrade on your productions server.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alexandrable

Total Posts:  55

Yeah, tough case. I’m not sure you’ll find an exact solution for this. You might find some similar tutorial, but not exactly what you need. If you’re open to third-party solution, I can suggest this: http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/shopping-cart-migration-options/223-magento-to-magento-migration. The service is great for migrations from one Magento installation to another and in your case, this would simply be Magento 1.2.x to Magento 1.4.x.

Should help wink

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community