Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product Instant Search

Magestore
Mentor

Total Posts:  1015
Viet Nam

Magestore.com has released “Product Instant Search” extension.
You can view the demo at: http://www.magestore.com/demo/instantsearch/

Product Search is always the most important part of any ecommerce system because we are unable to show all products to customer at the same time. A powerful product search tool can affect the purchasing decision of customers. In the opposite, a bad search tool will decrease your sales.

Magento is using a simple searching function now. It takes a long time to show the entire search result page then user must navigate to product page to view product detail information.

InstantSearch is a powerful searching function that can make good the demand of build-in Magento’s search function. InstantSearch extension extends the real-time searching idea of Google Instant Search. It automatically searches right after customer types a character. The first result will be shown like a product detail page and the other results will be shown as a product thumbnail image. If customer clicks on thumbnail pictures, InstantSearch will load more information of that product into the main search result section. Customer can also view detail or “add to cart” product in main search result section.

Features:

• Real-time searching function.
• Display the first search result in main search result section with an “add to cart” form.
• Show other search result in a simple way to view by showing product’s thumbnail.
• Easy and quick to load product detail information in the main search result section.
• Can search by many products attributes: name, short description or tag.
• Easy to set the number of search result.
• Easy to install and configure

File Attachments
instantsearch_user_guide.pdf  (File Size: 252KB - Downloads: 180)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

saurabhgupta

Total Posts:  26

Hello,

Is anything there which could make my work easy. I need to display categories after magento search. Any idea or extension ??

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

saurabhgupta - 02 August 2011 12:38 AM

Hello,

Is anything there which could make my work easy. I need to display categories after magento search. Any idea or extension ??

Look at http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-sphinx-search.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community