Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add Attributes to the Nav menu drop down. 

jammyzapper

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

Just wondering if there is anyway of adding the category/attributes to the drop down in the main navigation menu.

So for example when selecting ‘furniture’, a drop down will appear called ‘Category’ with ‘living room’ and ‘bedroom’, but also along side it ‘Colors’ with ‘Brown’ and ‘red’.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

alejandrojr

Total Posts:  4

This would be interesting!

Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

Total Posts:  164

I’ve had clients who wanted this before as well. My solution was simply to add a category called ‘brown’ or ‘red.’ This works, but makes for more maintinence as you must add or remove it to or from both places.

What I would really like is if you could add attributes with little icons or thumbnails to the dropdown! But that’s for another post.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lapongua

Total Posts:  9

I need it too. Have you solved?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community