Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can I Create a configurable product which is made up of…. 

DaymoH

Total Posts:  106

Is it possible to create a configurable product from a number of Grouped Products which are made up of Simple products?

I sell balloons, I buy them in boxes of 1000 af a certain color. I then split them up into bags of 12 or 48 of each color and a 12 and 48 mixed color.  I would like to display them as one product on the website with the option of pack size and color whilst also keeping track of stock. There may be a better way to set it up but I can not for the life of me think of it (too long sat here)

Any help may delay the explosion my head is about to experience.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

brakk

Total Posts:  29

Are your simple products the 12 and 48 packs, or are your simple products individual balloons?

Instead of using grouped and configurable products, you could try using bundled products and adding simple products with default quantities.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DaymoH

Total Posts:  106

Thanks brakk, I’ll have a go at that, the simple products are the individual balloons.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community