Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

NEW MAGENTO INSTALLATION: PEAR ERROR? 

M-ergent eComm

Total Posts:  1

I’ve made numerous attempts at installing Magento to try out the software for a client’s project, but keep getting a “PEAR ERROR” after performing the “Package Management through the Web—Automatic Download” process. Here is the result:

Setting preferred state to: beta

config-set succeeded

Downloading and installing Magento, please wait…

Did not download optional dependencies: pear/XML_RPC, use --alldeps to download automatically
Array
(
[data] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[0] => Duplicate package channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_ZF_Locale-1.1.1 found
)

[1] => Array
(
[0] => Duplicate package channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_ZF_Locale-1.0.19700 found
)

)

[headline] => Install Errors
)

PEAR ERROR: install failed

I’ve set the access/read/write permissions to 777 on the entire “magento” folder and related files, but same result everytime. Also, I followed some advice regarding the .htaccess file and commented out two lines perhaps causing the issue: 

# SSLOptions StdEnvVars</IfModule>...# Options +FollowSymLinks

My host server is set to run PHP 5 for web applications and scripts.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I’m looking forward to experience the world of open source e-commerce!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community