Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

No admin after downloader install

frishnia

Total Posts:  4

Just in case anyone else runs into this…

I’ve just installed the latest version of Magento (1.1.6) onto an Ubuntu desktop (8.04 - Hardy Heron) by first downloading and running the Downloader. After a successful install I click to go to the admin and immediately get an error. Turns out there were no admin html design files. I tried reinstalling Mage_Core_Adminhtml using Downloader/MagentoConnect Manager but that didn’t help. Eventually I downloaded the full installation download and copied the relevant adminhtml directories under /app/design and /skin.

Will post again if I find anything else missing but in the mean time I’d advise to not bother with the Downloader initially. Only use it once you’ve done a full normal install.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community