Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Where do i start

TolputtKeeton

Total Posts:  54

Hi Guys,

I’m new to magento and haven’t really had a play with it yet but i have designed a site based on the demo store modern theme and was wondering if you can point me in the right direction on how to achieve my designs with the magento store.

I have kept it simple so that its easier for me to make ( i hope ) : )

Image Attachments
homepage.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

eklusman

Total Posts:  25

First of all, for that kind of home design you should go to CMS / Manage Pages, and you will find that you can edit your home. Click on it and go to the Design menu on the left, there set it as a 1 column layout and you can put the html for the images that you have in the center of the home.
With that you can start cheking how it looks on the frontend.
After that you will need to set the design for the header and footer, for that will mostly need to change the css, try to use firefox and firebug for that.

I hope that helps you to start!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community