Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
This forum annoying captcha! 

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1848

brendan. - 11 November 2010 11:12 PM

agree the recaptcha isnt behaving as I would expect.

I still use my old trusted method of copy ‘n paste before I post

brendan

Pretty much SOP on this site. Especially if you are using the quick reply. If you are into tweeting crud in quick, vapid 140 character or less nothings, the CAPTCHA will go through.

Do the opposite of a bot, take a minor period of time to come up one or two well thought out paragraphs and a link in reply and you get the very intelligent and beautiful universal truth of Wrong CAPTCHA no matter how careful you are to type the CAPTCHA in properly. And are returned to a page that has consigned your response to OBLIVION

And every so often the Full Edit will do the same thing, completely usually wiping 10 minutes of instructions to some poor soul you are trying to rescue from Shopping Cart Hell, causing the next less patiently entered response to merely consign them to Shopping Cart Purgatory instead of giving them full deliverance.

ALWAYS SELECT ALL <CTL-A> AND COPY <CTL-C> before even bothering with the CAPTCHA, it’s not your friend.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

phroggar

Total Posts:  9

In addition there seems some \"addslashes\" problem when posting again after the captcha was not recognized..

Maybe it is possible to remove the captcha-requirement for the first 10 posts per user per day or something like that. It should spam-flooding but reduce the annoyance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

@phroggar

And this is the main reason you always Copy and Paste, even with the full edit,

not only does it comment all double quotes,

it also fishes around in weird ways with things between the code tags, rendering them unusable without a bunch of editing to restore code back to being code,

and can randomly dump any changes if you are editing/amending an already saved message.

Magento Community
Magento Community

IWDAgency

Total Posts:  73
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I always have same problem in my previous days of posting here, so just like chiefair said always do copy and paste before hitting “submit post”. Even How sure I am with the captcha visible to me, I always take this preventive measure to avoid typing all over again, sometimes it really annoys me thinking the same ideas over again and the sad thing is that I can never think the same way as what I have type a few minutes ago. LOL!

Anyways it takes few minutes after hitting submit post before my post displayed on the page have you guys experience this too???

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

@wmcfer1
You can always tell when a post is fully accepted and being recorded, it takes 30 seconds to 2 minutes for it to return back to the forum page with your freshly, but belatedly displayed perls of wisdom.  LOL

Magento Community
Magento Community

wastedtalent

Total Posts:  15

Cant wait until this has been addressed. Im subscribed to quite a few forums and I have never seen one of them ask it’s members who are logged in to comply with captcha.

Thanks for hearing us out Magento staff

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Removing the quick reply mostly got rid of the total loss of everything on a first post; however, you still should CTRL-A, CTRL-C everything, especially if you’re entering code as the redisplay (upon CAPTCHA fail after taking too long to be informative and not a twitter responder) proceeds to do the weirdsville backslash comment for quotes, and proceeds to add another set every time CAPTCHA fails.

If you are editing an already saved post, make sure you CTRL-A, CTRL-C because it loses ALL the edits on CAPTCHA fail. And proceeds to make hash of everything with a single or a double quote. Especially your php code samples.

I’m just one popular guy, my PM dropdown at the top of the page tells me I have 4294967295 PM’s waiting for my pearls of wisdom.  cheese

Magento Community
Magento Community

pspahn

Total Posts:  30

This thread is the single most important thread in all of the Magento forums.

Varien, you have built a great tool with Magento; however, you have totally failed nearly every fundamental UX law known.

$20 says my captcha fails on the first try.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dddrums

Total Posts:  3

This is completely broken. No matter how many times I try to enter the captcha I get the ‘wrong captcha’ result.

Lets see if this works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dddrums

Total Posts:  3

dddrums - 20 October 2011 05:08 AM

This is completely broken. No matter how many times I try to enter the captcha I get the ‘wrong captcha’ result.

Lets see if this works.

Right. That worked. Why wont it work on one of the other forum pages? Am I not allowed to create a new topic?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gfxguru

Total Posts:  186

How old is this thread? And nobody seem to care that this issue still exists?

PEOPLE PLEASE FIX THE DAMN CAPTCHA!!! If enough ppl tell you it’s broken why don’t you listen?

Magento Community
Magento Community

LandoG

Total Posts:  11

Magento Forum, you are the stupidest forum in the world. I can’t even look at my own posts unless I remember to bookmark every one of them. AndCaptcha for registered users? I wonder how vbulliten, phpbb, etc sites function so well without Captcha at every turn? Because they know what they are doing! So please get it together Magento… get a real forum software or unleash some of the features your current forum has.

Now SUBMIT POST… wait let me enter in Captcha again…

Magento Community
Magento Community

LandoG

Total Posts:  11

lol Magento Forum, you are still so pathetic!

Magento Community
Magento Community

MrBaseball34

Total Posts:  164

Totally agreed, this is the CRAPPIEST forum I’ve seen in my 25+ years of development work.

They don’t care about it either otherwise they’d fix one of the most important functions of this forum, the SEARCH.
Hell, if you click on the Advanced Search link, it says 404. I searched for a term contained in a post DIRECTLY above the search box and it returned ZERO results.

Jesus, you have a crappy forum which reflects on your even crappier product.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2