Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade Magento

frosted

Total Posts:  25
Vancouver BC

I have spent hours trying to figure out how to satisfy the “Critical” updates.  Can it really be that hard to upgrade?

I go to the download manager and everything says either “Reinstall” or “Uninstall”.  I have a really hard time understanding why a message would be posted with no action associated with it [in this case “Upgrade"].

I have tried running several install keys and none of them work.  Why do I have all these upgrade messages and no way to upgrade?

magento-core/Mage_All_Latest

returns:

parsePackageName(): invalid package name "Mage_All_Latest " in "connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest "
invalid package name/package file "connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest "
Cannot initialize 'connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest 'invalid or missing package file
Install Errors
Package 
"connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest " is not valid
PEAR ERROR
install failed

magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable

returns:
parsePackageName(): invalid package name “Mage_All_Latest “ in “connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest “
invalid package name/package file “connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest “
Cannot initialize ‘connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest ‘, invalid or missing package file
Install Errors
Package “connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest “ is not valid
PEAR ERROR: install failed

I ask again.. how do I upgrade Magneto… screenshot attached for what I see in the download manager.

Thanks in advance! If I am missing any helpful information here please let me know.

Cheers,
J

Image Attachments
Picture 1.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

frosted

Total Posts:  25
Vancouver BC

Sorry guys..

I just realized that I am running the latest version and those messages are just being kept in my message box..

RESOLVED

Magento ver. 1.1.6

Cheers!!!  Ill be back!
J

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community