Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Feature Request - Discount Code ‘Conditions’ invalid error message

ci3partners

Total Posts:  20

For a coupon code which say allows $10 off on a cart subtotal of $25 or more… if a customer doesn’t have $25 in the cart, Magento only reports the discount code is “Invalid” - it would be great if I could put a custom error message along with the Conditions - so as to tell folks their cart total isn’t enough.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sandboxthreads

Total Posts:  12

Did you ever find out how to do this?  Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

Total Posts:  164

That would be REALLY GOOD. It’s so annoying to get an error, especially with a coupon, that doesn’t tell you what you did wrong.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wmcfer1

Total Posts:  73
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I never had this error before good thing you mentioned guys… For aware person about this error they dont mind at all but for others who will experience this for the first time then for sure its a big question for them.. Yeah So at least a simple form or sentence that will clarify the error along with the error message.

I guess the developer itself didn’t figure out this problem yet.

Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

Total Posts:  164

Just enter a coupon code in incorrectly, or one that has a condition and it will only give you a generic error message. There isn’t any indication as to why the coupon wasn’t accepted.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sterg17

Total Posts:  94

I would like help with this as well.  How can we make more detailed error messages per discount??

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community