Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

display selected products on front page / disable selling ( use as calogue )

auday Abdul Baqi

Total Posts:  2

hello guys

i am happy to start working with magento , it seems a powerfull shopping cart by both price and functionality

i uploaded the files and successfully installed it on bluehost without any problem

right now i am new to magento and need your help

please let me know how to

disable the sales, make the cart display the product , prices , but the products can not be added to cart, until i configure the SSL and other stuff

right now i can show the categories on the frontpage top menu bar , still ahve 2 categories for testing , and 1 product , but as a start i have a problem now

how to display featured products on front page , just like other carts , i need the products to show on frontpage , not all .. but the one i select

please reply and let me know your way of doing these things
thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

eklusman

Total Posts:  25

To display featured products on the front page you have to add this code to the home xml:

<block type="catalog/product_new" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_homepage" template="catalog/product/new.phtml" />

This block will show only products that are set as new, so after that you will need to go to each product that you want on the front page and set it as new from the actual or past date.

Hope that helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

hotsauzz

Total Posts:  3

Sounds like you had a few questions in that post, but here’s how to display products on the front page:
http://vimeo.com/1070986?pg=embed&sec;=1070986&hd;=1

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community