Magento Forum

Quantity packs - set some items so they can only be ordered by multiple of X

HyperBallad

Total Posts:  57
Montreal, QC

Hi,

let’s say I have a item that should only be sold by multiple of 12 units. But I don’t want a 12-pack to be shown as 1 unit because my inventory system does not handle case lots but units.

Is there a way to do that with Magento ?

Thanks,
JP

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

brakk

Total Posts:  29

I’m kind of new to magento, but I think you could do this with either a grouped or bundle product. Create a simple product for your item then add it to either a grouped or bundle product with a default quantity of 12. Then a customer will be able to choose 1 or more packages.

Magento Community
Magento Community

HyperBallad

Total Posts:  57
Montreal, QC

Thanks a lot for the answer. But I import the catalog from an CSV file and I would prefer not to manually create hundreds of bundles.

Magento Community
Magento Community

blizzard182

Total Posts:  115
Argentina

When you create a product there is the option to set the minimun and maximun quantity of products in the cart. It’s in the inventory tab. You could put the min and max setting to 10 (for example) so the customer it’s obligated to add 10. But I don’t know if it will tell the customer the X number of articles needed or just throws an error.

You could create a product which already has an X number of products in it.

Instead of Pen x1, just put Pen x12 and put the price of the article to be twelve times that.

Does it help?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community