Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to install an extension by magento through Magento Connect into a theme that is not default? 

raVen0123

Total Posts:  1

For exemple, first time I installed a new theme. I copied my_theme in /public_html/app/design/frontend/my_theme and /public_html/skin/frontend/my_theme. Now I connected into Magento Connect and I installed a new extension, but none of the extension is installed in my theme. All the files (from this extension) were copied by Magento Connect in /public_html/app/design/frontend/default and /public_html/skin/frontend/default.

What is it that I do wrong ?

Can it be set somewhere, that the default theme can be my theme so Magento Connect extension can be automatically copied to my theme and not into the default theme?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

MagentoConnect manager doesn’t manage the theme option for the extensions installation.
You’ll need to move the files by hand.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community