Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to add “BCC” email in send to friend? 

proteam4

Total Posts:  23

Hi,

I want when someone recommend a product using “Send to Friend” option then email will be sent to the email address which the user entered and also an email fired to me as “bcc”.

and this i want with all recommendations. So that i will know that which user sending or recommnding which product to the users.

Please tell me how to do this…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

proteam4

No Reply’s for this question?? plz reply ?? What would be the possible solution for this???

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

proteam4

I got it!

I have edited “public function send()” function in the file “app/code/core/Mage/Sendfriend/model/Sendfriend.php”

In this file I added the following code line

//Customization: following line is used to add the bcc, with every mail //which is sent from SendToFriend form.
$this->_emailModel->addBcc(”sales@mywebsite.com”);

below the this line

foreach($this->_emails as $key => $email{

Now whenever anyone send mail (using send to friend form) to there recipient, each mail will also come at the BCC address. Like if user added 5 recipients then you will receive five emails at BCC address.

It works for me, hope it helps!
But please check this at your end that this is the right way to do this or we have some other easy way (I don’t think there is any).

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

got-bonsai

Total Posts:  136
Wales, UK

Hi,
I tried this but couldn’t get it to work.  After inserting the code I was unable to get to any product page in the frontend.
Any ideas what I did wrong?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community