Magento Forum

please help upgrade 1.3.2.4 to 1.4.01

Ajixo

Total Posts:  87

Has anyone been able to successfully upgraded.  i have tried over 20 times different ways but still unable to ungrade.  I desperately need to upgrade.
what i mean is a step by step.

i have tried upgrading
via connect
via changing database
via database repair
and nothing seems to be working.  i have been trying to do this for the past 4 months but failed

your assistance is really appreciated

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Dx3webs

Total Posts:  178

When things get this bad it is some times best to do a fresh new install while preserving your /media folder and /app/etc/local.xml

do the full installation then add these 2 items and you should be looking at a new installation using your existing database / images.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ajixo

Total Posts:  87

Hi Dx3webs
Thank, I have tried doing a fresh install.  when i attach a copy of my exisitng database.  It seems to break the system

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dx3webs

Total Posts:  178

have your tried to repair the database in phpmyadmin and with the varien database tool?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ebuntu

Total Posts:  245
Denver, CO

stella - 06 September 2010 01:31 AM

Hi Dx3webs
Thank, I have tried doing a fresh install.  when i attach a copy of my exisitng database.  It seems to break the system

Since you are unable to upgrade your Magento, I suggest you seek professional help, if you really care about your business. Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alexandrable

Total Posts:  55

I agree with Ebuntu about professional help. If you’ve tried all kind of stuff that you could do on your own and you still can’t make it all happen, pay someone to do the job for you. This would be much easier and faster. You will even save some cash, instead of spending half a year on this. Just my opinion.

If you’re open to paying for this, use this service: http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/shopping-cart-migration-options/223-magento-to-magento-migration. It will automatically move your store data from old Magento installation to the new, upgraded one.

Let me know if this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community