Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

features for “mass products”

jog

Total Posts:  17
Herford / Germany

we are selling antibodies. ( yea, you may laugh now, but its the truth ). Overall the product is just a tiny piece of fluid. Nothing you can promote nicely with pictures. So attributes are very important for us. To test magento, I created my set of attributs - containing more than 50 fields now ( each one of importance for our customers ).

So, if you want to animate business like us to use magento, here is a list of features, we could really need:

backend:
* Mass attribut editing. While creating all these attributes, it would be handy, to be able to select a bunch of them and give them all the same setting ( for the fornt end for example ) in one go.
* regarding the search-setting - right now, I can just say that the search should cover the certain attribut or not. It would be handy to rate the search of that attribut. For example produkt-name and sku should rate 100, while some whitepaper-field should only be rated 5. Regarding that our custumers search over 50’000+ products that would really give them better search results.

frontend:
* right now, all the attributs, I create, will just appear in the product view under “Additional information”. That might make sense for a lot of products, but for our products, it would be neat if these Additional Information would appear with the headings of the tree, I am creating for the attribute sets like “specific product information”, “datasheet”, “references” and so on.

I think, other shop owners that sell similar products ( like screws, wire, software, condensators or even maschines and so on) will have the same needs.

Thanks for reading, jog

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Hi jog,

All your requests can be done with fairly easy customizations to Magento.

Unfortunately, we do not plan to include these features in the first release, and might add them in later releases. I hope that the community will help you get some of these features implemented.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

AreSee

Total Posts:  1

Rather old reply, however I am in the discovery phase at the moment for the same industry. Jog what was your final verdict on this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello,

It can be really frustrating to create and edit many product attributes one by one. So I’d suggest Mass Product Actions extension that will help you:

- Assign multiple products & remove them from categories
- Increase/decrease prices in bulk in a few clicks
- Copy custom options, images and attribute values
- Populate related products, up-sell & cross-sell blocks
- Delete products in bulk fast
- Change attribute sets without deleting a product.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community