Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change Colors

eponymous

Total Posts:  6

Hello,

When I use the f001 as the theme it works perfectly, but when I try f001_green or any of the other colors that come with, the theme switches, but the css and images do not load correctly. I checked permissions, and all the variations have the same permissions as f001.

I have attached a screen shot of when the theme is f001_orange. This is in contrast the the default f001 which works perfectly.

Using 1.4.1.1. Installed the theme with Magento Connect.

Please help smile

Image Attachments
f001_orange.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

begeragus

Total Posts:  1

Hi, I just installed the theme to test and had the same problem.
Here is what i did: In Configuration/Design/Themes leave everything to f001 and change only Skin (Images / CSS) to f001_green.
I am however disturbed that no one has answered you until now and am considering not using the theme because I would not want that kind of support.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lestersimyangchung

Total Posts:  5

I entered “f001” into Default field found at System => Configuration => Design => Themes
That solved the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mark Lloyd

Total Posts:  19

Hi,

Im having problems with this theme too, ive tried both options that have been replied and i still get the default (blue) theme, it will not change.

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jscott1330

Total Posts:  5

lukelloyd - 31 January 2011 06:47 AM

Hi,

Im having problems with this theme too, ive tried both options that have been replied and i still get the default (blue) theme, it will not change.

Any ideas?

@lukelloyd

Make sure you don’t have any themes showing in System-Design

It should say no records found.

Once I deleted that the instructions given above worked.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mark Lloyd

Total Posts:  19

jscott1330 - 05 February 2011 06:04 AM

lukelloyd - 31 January 2011 06:47 AM
Hi,

Any ideas?

@lukelloyd

Make sure you don’t have any themes showing in System-Design

It should say no records found.

Once I deleted that the instructions given above worked.

Thanks for reply, i managed to get it working in the end by removing anything in the design and you mentioned, putting the main code in default under system config (f001) and then putting required colour variation (f001_green) under skin/theme for each store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

R3SET

Hi , I love the Absolute theme its the best free theme thats easy to install, others like silverframe and Ultimento are good for purchase, thi is my issue, i created the root catalog and a subcatagory, the new subcatagory accepts color changes like f001_grey but my home page will stay on the blue defualt color, i tried doing the enable and disable on the cache with no luck, any tips im kinda new in magento
thanks

JC

Magento Community
Magento Community

paarsports

After adding f001 to templates, skin and layouts—add the color you want to only the skin not all three areas. (Don’t know if you already tried that), but mine works fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

amat1

Total Posts:  36

Okay, here’s is what I did:

1. Open my FTP programm
2. Locate the folder of my desired theme color (silver) on my computer: 
\f001.absolute\template source 1.0.5.1\skin\frontend\default\f001_silver\
3. Locate the f001 theme folder on the server for my website:
/skin/frontend/default/f001
4. Upload all folders (css, images, js) from silver theme color folder on my computer to f001 folder on server (overwriting content).

Additional settings in Admin Panel:
>System>Design: 0 records found
>System>Configuration>General>Design>Themes: Set all to f001, except for Skin (Images/CSS), that is f001_silver

This did the trick for me! Hope it helps for you too smile

More info: http://blog.templates-master.com/free-magento-absolute-theme/

Magento Community
Magento Community

belalim12

Total Posts:  99

ForMat - 19 June 2011 03:31 AM

Okay, here’s is what I did:

1. Open my FTP programm
2. Locate the folder of my desired theme color (silver) on my computer: 
\f001.absolute\template source 1.0.5.1\skin\frontend\default\f001_silver\
3. Locate the f001 theme folder on the server for my website:
/skin/frontend/default/f001
4. Upload all folders (css, images, js) from silver theme color folder on my computer to f001 folder on server (overwriting content).

Additional settings in Admin Panel:
>System>Design: 0 records found
>System>Configuration>General>Design>Themes: Set all to f001, except for Skin (Images/CSS), that is f001_silver

This did the trick for me! Hope it helps for you too smile

More info: http://blog.templates-master.com/free-magento-absolute-theme/

I am trying to change colour on 1.3.2.4 and colour files missing in it so i copied css,images js files from other version (tried all versioons) and colour changed but laytou gone funny top menu bar moved to left bit and rest of stayed where they are so i copied css and js files back in from version 1.3.2.4 and layout is fine but colour half of it orange half of it bule. Please see attached pic. My question is;

1- When i copied these files from other version colour changing but layout top menu bars moving to left side bit so how can i get it bak to normal or

2- When i copy images files only from other versions why its half of it orange half is blue what else i have to do it make orange or

3- Why 1.3.2.4 dont have colour files?

Image Attachments
untitled.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageBright

Total Posts:  100

Hi
Please Check this extension.

This Work for all types of attributes (color, size, manufacturer…)
View image on details page elegant zoom with slider

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/color-swatch-with-zoom-and-slider.html

http://www.magebright.com/color-swatch.html

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community