Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I create an input box on the product page for customer to type in. 

Flaxton

Total Posts:  137
Houston

I am looking to have a text box on the product page so that a customer can enter a word into it and it come to the cart as an attribute. Anyone know a way of achieving this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sander

Total Posts:  232
Netherlands

Have you looked at custom options? Last tab when you add/edit a product in Magento admin.

Magento Community
Magento Community

satish
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  812
34,mantri Sadan,Shivaji Nagar,Nagpur,MS,India 4400

Go to Admin->Catalog->Manage Products->Custom Options->
select Add New Option button and you can select “Input type” as what you need?

Satish

Magento Community
Magento Community

Flaxton

Houston

Awesome guys thank you. It looks like I was in the right place but was not able to get it to show on the front-end. It shows this morning so I imagine it was a cache error.

Now, I am trying to set up catalog price rules but I cannot seem to find this custom option in the price rules section. Basically, I am trying to fool Magento into allowing multiple coupon codes, by calling the new text input field “coupon code”. So that is “text input field” = SUMMER10%, then we give 10% off the product. Not sure if I am going to be able to do this.

Would be much easier if Magento allowed the use of multiple coupons.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Flaxton

Houston

How about having a text input field on the product page by using the XML update function, so that way we can assign specific catalog/shopping cart rules based on the “contains” in “XML update” rule. I think this is a work around that will finally solve the issues we are having trying to use multiple coupon codes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Flaxton - 01 September 2010 06:24 AM

Would be much easier if Magento allowed the use of multiple coupons.

Fortunately there is the Multiple Coupons extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Flaxton

Houston

^ The above extension works. I have bought and installed it in less than 15 minutes. We are on Professional so I had to modify some code, but it works flawlessly with the already created coupons in Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community