Magento Forum

Google Checkout Error - Missing element (postal-area, us-country-area, us-state-area, us-zip-area, world-area)

XPC Design

Total Posts:  40

When I click the Google Checkout link I get the following error:

Google Checkout: Error parsing XML; message from parser is: Missing element (postal-area, us-country-area, us-state-area, us-zip-area, world-area) in: checkout-shopping-cart/checkout-flow-support/merchant-checkout-flow-support/tax-tables/alternate-tax-tables/alternate-tax-table/alternate-tax-rules/alternate-tax-rule/tax-area

I’ve looked it up to determine it has to do with a missing postal code. However that doesn’t help because I’m quite sure all of the information is filled in.

Anyone know what’s wrong?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

XPC Design

I figured out what’s wrong. Google checkout only works in the USA, however the error you receive is the one I posted above, not a clean error message saying “Google Checkout is only available in the USA”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

XPC Design

I’m just going to disable this for now until there is a solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

purplemine

Total Posts:  143
London

I am in the UK where Google Checkout is also allowed, and I have just started getting this error.  I use Google Checkout as one of my main payment providers so I’d love to get this resolved ASAP.

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

purplemine

Total Posts:  143
London

This is wierd, I looked into the xml and there was loads of empty tags which were causing the problem, all of them relating to tax tables.

I have changed the ‘new’ setting Disable Default Tax Tables to Yes and it has fixed the problem!

This is a bug I think, I will report it.

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community