Magento Forum

Installation problem ‘Mage_Core_Exception”

marcosig

Total Posts:  10

I’m working on Osx with Mamp and until the last Magento update (0.6.14100 ) everything worked fine

After the update I’m receiving the following error when trying to access the front-end demo store (the back-end works correctly):

exception ‘Mage_Core_Exception’ with message ‘Package layout file (main.xml) could not be read.’ in /Users/marco/WebSites/magento/app/Mage.php:334
Stack trace:
#0 /Users/marco/WebSites/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php(250): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Package layout ...’)
#1 /Users/marco/WebSites/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php(234): Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Update->fetchPackageLayoutUpdates(’default’)
#2 /Users/marco/WebSites/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php(212): Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Update->merge(’default’)
#3 /Users/marco/WebSites/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(238): Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Update->load()
#4 /Users/marco/WebSites/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(197): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayoutUpdates()
#5 /Users/marco/WebSites/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(50): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout(NULL, false, false)
#6 /Users/marco/WebSites/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/controllers/IndexController.php(26): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->renderPage(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), ‘home’)
#7 /Users/marco/WebSites/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(325): Mage_Cms_IndexController->indexAction()
#8 /Users/marco/WebSites/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(149): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’index’)
#9 /Users/marco/WebSites/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(166): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#10 /Users/marco/WebSites/magento/app/Mage.php(382): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#11 /Users/marco/WebSites/magento/index.php(29): Mage::run(’base’)
#12 {main}

Thanks for support

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

Hi,

Did you find any answer to your question ?

I looks like it cannot read your main.xml file. Are you using “default” package (for design) or a specific one ?
You can see this information in following menu:
System > Configuration > Design

If it’s specific package, do you have a main.xml in the folder /app/design/frontendyour_package/your_theme/layout ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

marcosig

Total Posts:  10

I reinstalled (MAMP and Magento) and now it works fine.

Thanks for the help.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community